The Fusion 2008 Organising Committee invites proposals for tutorials to be held on the first day of the conference (June 30, 2008).
The purpose of tutorials is to educate conference attendees about specific topics, or to provide background necessary to understand technical advances.
The tutorial should attract a wide audience, provide an introduction to the chosen research area and it should also cover the most important works in depth. Proposals should not exclusively focus on the presenter's own work nor promote commercial products.
Prospective organisers of a tutorial must notify the Technical Programme Chairs of their intention by sending 2 to 4 pages containing the following information:
· Basic information: Title of the tutorial, contact information for the presenter(s) (name, email address, affiliation), duration (half day or full day), keywords, and scope or objective of the proposed tutorial.
· Target audience: Characterisation of the potential target audience for the tutorial, including prerequisite knowledge.
· Abstract: A brief description of the tutorial, suitable for inclusion in the conference registration brochure.
· Detailed outline: A detailed outline of the tutorial addressing the following issues: references to past tutorials or teaching materials, why the topic is of interest for Fusion 2008 attendees and the expected benefit to participant, depth and scope of the exposed topics, excercises, software demonstrations, etc.
· Presenters' biography: A brief resume of the presenter, highlighting her/his background in the tutorial area and evidences of teaching experience.
The evaluation of the proposal will take into account its general interest for Fusion 2008 attendees, the quality of the proposal as well as the expertise of the presenters.
The selection of the tutorials to be included in the final Fusion 2008 programme will also be based upon the need to avoid strictly overlapping tutorials, and the need to limit the overall number of selected tutorials.
For all accepted proposals, Fusion 2008 will be responsible for:
· Providing logistic support and a meeting place for the tutorial.
Tutorial organisers will be responsible for:
· Providing Fusion 2008 with a legible PDF copy of their tutorial notes by May 1, 2008.
· Presenting the tutorial at Fusion 2008.
The Fusion 2008 Organising Committee reserves the right to cancel any tutorial if the above responsibilities are not fulfilled, if deadlines are missed, or if too few attendees are registered for the tutorial.
Tutorial proposals submission January 15, 2008 (Extension to February 1, 2008)
Tutorial acceptance notification March 15, 2008
Electronic tutorial materials May 1, 2008
Fusion 2008 tutorials June 1, 2008