Important Information for PIMRC 2005 Presenting Authors
Dear PIMRC 2005 speaker,
It is our great pleasure to welcome you as a session speaker to PIMRC 2005 in Berlin. In order to ensure a smooth course during "your" session, we kindly ask you to consider the following instructions:
- Each session has a length of 90 min, and it contains 5 papers to be presented. The time slot for each presentation is 15 minutes, plus 3 minutes for introduction of the speaker by the session chair prior to his/her presentation and for questions from the audience after the presentation.
Session chairs have been instructed to rigorously enforce the schedule, i.e., to strictly obey the length of a presentation. We kindly ask you for your understanding and for your cooperation in keeping the schedule.
- Be at the room of your session 15 minutes before session start, so that you can meet your session chairs and the other speakers in advance.
- Please bring with you a filled-in CV form and hand it to the session chair before your session starts (the blank form will be in your conference bag). You can also download the CV form (click here to download pdf or doc).
- Video projectors will be available in all conference rooms. Overhead projectors will be provided on demand.
- We kindly ask you to bring your own laptop along with you to be used for your presentation to avoid problems with character styles etc...
We kindly ask you to test the correct functioning of your presentation and laptop before session start to avoid cable switching delays.
If you cannot bring your laptop with you, please ask another author to allow you to make your presentation on his laptop. In that case provide your slides on an USB memory stick or CD-ROM in MS-Power Point or Adobe PDF format. Please verify before the session starts, that your presentation is running well and that the beamer meets your needs.
Instructions for Poster Presenters
When preparing the Poster, presenters should have in mind the objective of capturing the interest of attendees to the work that is being presented. The quality of the presentation stimulates the attention from the audience, and improves the overall satisfaction of the community attending the conference. Use an appropriate font size allowing posters to be readable by delegates 1.5 m away. The poster message should be clear and understandable without oral explanation. Further, we would like to call the attention of poster presenters to the following items:
- Each poster board is marked with the assigned poster reference number, corresponding to the final conference program. Authors are required to use only the boards corresponding to their posters.
- Posters should be put on the board 10 minutes before the beginning of the posters session.
- Posters should be fixed to the poster board using scotch tape. Staples, pins, screws or any abrasive or perforating hardware are not permitted. Do not write or paint on the poster boards.
- Authors are required to stand by their posters during the whole posters session, and to remove their posters from the boards immediately after the end of the posters session. Posters left on the boards after the poster sessions, will not be remitted by the organisers.
- Maximum overall dimensions for the poster are DIN-A0: 84 cm x 118.8 cm (width x height).