PIMRC 2005 Paper submission guidelines
Paper formatting guidelines
Paper submission procedure using EDAS
Authors are requested to submit their paper electronically through the EDAS online submission interface at http://edas.info/home.cgi?c=4403 not later than March 20th, 2005.
Submitted papers must contain unpublished material. Manuscripts must be submitted in electronic form only. The accepted electronic file format is Portable Document Format (PDF). When transmitting their paper, authors of accepted papers are considered to have read and accepted the Copyright policy (Copyright Agreement).pdf) and have to send it by fax : +49/69-9631 5213 or by e-mail to email@example.com . At least one full registration is required per paper. Inclusion of accepted papers in the conference proceedings CD-ROM is conditional upon receiving payment for at least one full registration per paper latest by June 15th, 2005.
Important note: The total length of a paper is limited to five pages. However, upon payment of an over-length fee, papers up to 8 pages will be allowed. Papers exceeding 8 pages will have low chance of being accepted, regardless of the technical quality.
It is recommended to use the IEEE Transaction Style for preparing the manuscript. You can download a LaTeX template (IEEEtran.zip, 348 kB and IEEEtranBST.zip, 552 kB) and an MS word (TRANS-JOUR.doc, 92 kB) template. For additional information concerning templates please visit IEEE's page on IEEE Transactions LaTeX and Microsoft Word Style Files.
If you decide not to use one of these templates, the manuscript must be compliant with the following paper formatting rules:
- The page format must be A4 (21.0 cm × 29.7 cm);
- The paper must be typed using two column layout with single line spacing;
- Use Times New Roman or Times Roman font, and all text must be at least 10pt
- The paper must contain contact information of at least one of the authors
- Figures, tables and equations must have separate sequential numbering
- Captions must be centred, and placed above tables and underneath figures
- Do not number pages, and do not use footnotes
- MS Word users: Embed all tables, charts, figures and images within the text
We must be able to print your paper once it is submitted. Due to the large variety of systems available for formatting papers and producing PDF files, printing is not always possible for some systems. To maximize the chances that your paper will print correctly, please use only standard printer fonts (e.g., Times Roman, Helvetica, etc.) or standard TeX Computer Modern fonts; other fonts may be used but must be included in the PDF file. The use of standard printer fonts is strongly preferred over TeX fonts, if possible.
The paper must be able to print clearly on standard black-and-white printers. Reviewers will not view your paper in colour, and the final version of all accepted papers will be published in black-and-white in the conference Proceedings.
- Using EDAS requires logging in first. If you already have an account, enter your email address (or your numeric EDAS ID#) and password in the fields on the form on the EDAS home page.
- If you do not know whether you have an account on this EDAS system, try entering your email address or name. EDAS will check for your account and let you know whether it knows about you.
- If you have an account but have forgotten your password, leave the password field blank, and EDAS will mail your password to you.
- If you do not yet have an account on the EDAS system, click on the link there to "create your new user account". Fill in the resulting form and then click on the "New User" button there. Mandatory fields are listed in red; optional fields are listed in black. The password for accessing the EDAS system will be sent to you via email. Once you receive your password, you should return to EDAS and log in.
- After logging in to EDAS, you will see your overall EDAS system homepage. Find and click on "The 16th Annual International Symposium on Personal Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications" among the list of conferences accepting submissions. To begin the process of submitting your paper, click on "Submissions and management" for "The 16th Annual International Symposium on Personal Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications". This will bring you to the PIMRC 2005 EDAS homepage.
- You should then see the web form for registering your paper submission. Fill in the form:
- Enter the authors of the paper. Enter each author using either their EDAS identifier or their last name. Each author must be registered in EDAS; if an author is not yet registered in EDAS, you will be prompted for the information to register them. You must also select one of the authors to be the correspondence author.
- Enter the title and abstract of the paper.
- Select the topics from the list of paper topics that best classify your paper.
- Once you have filled in all information for your paper, click on the "Submit" button at the bottom of that page. This will show you a page that acknowledges your paper's registration.
- After registering your paper submission, you must upload your actual paper.
- To upload your paper right after registering your submission, simply follow EDAS instructions on the acknowledgement page.
- Alternatively, you can upload your paper later from your PIMRC 2005 EDAS homepage. From there, you can upload your paper by clicking on the icon in the line that shows your paper's listing, or via ftp, or email as per instructions on that page.
- After you return to your PIMRC 2005 EDAS homepage, you will see your uploaded paper. If you click on the paper number, you will see the paper details. If you click on the paper under "Manuscript", you will see the PostScript or PDF version that you uploaded.
- From your PIMRC 2005 EDAS homepage, you can see the status of your paper. Initially, when you are registered but yet to upload your paper, EDAS will show the status as to show that no version of your paper PostScript or PDF file has been uploaded yet. After your paper has been uploaded, the status will change to to indicate that the paper is under review.
- After you have submitted your paper, you can revise your submission at any time before the submission deadline of 23:59 PM EST, March 20th, 2005.
- To revise your submission, go to your PIMRC 2005 EDAS homepage. Just upload a new PostScript or PDF version the same way you did already for the previous version.
- To revise your paper, please use the procedure here to upload the new revised version of your existing registered paper. Please do not instead register and submit the new version as if it were a separate new paper, since this will duplicate the paper registration records.
- You can also revise your own EDAS account information from your PIMRC 2005 EDAS homepage. To do so, click on the link at the top to edit your profile.